Last Updated: December, 30th 2019
“Personal Information” is information that identifies or can reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, to an identifiable individual. Information that is anonymous, de-identified, or aggregated is not “personal information” within the meaning of this Policy.
What information do we collect?
We collect information about you from a variety of sources, including from you. You might provide your information directly to us, such as when you register for an account on the Sites or for one of our events. We may also collect your information automatically, such as when you browse our Sites or otherwise interact with our Offerings. We might further collect your information from other third-party sources.
Information You Provide
We and our service providers collect identifiers and any other information that you provide when you interact with our Offerings. For example, when filling out forms online or at an event, you may choose to provide your name, email address, and phone number. We collect the following categories of personal information directly from you:
- Identifiers: You may provide identifiers such as your name, email address, and phone number when you interact with the Offerings, such as when you register for an event or create an account on our Sites.
- Professional information: You may provide information about your employer and job title, such as when registering for an event.
- Geolocation information: You may provide information about where you reside or are located, such as your ZIP code, city, state, or country.
Information Automatically Collected From You
When you use the Sites, we and our service partners may automatically collect certain information from you, including the following categories of personal information:
- Identifiers and Device Information: We may collect identifiers from you, such as your IP address and unique digital identifiers (such as mobile advertising IDs). We may also collect information related to the devices you use to access the Offerings, such as the device type, operating system, and version.
- Network Activity Information: We may collect information related to your activity on our Sites, such as time spent on the Sites, from which website you came, and to which website you exit.
- Demographic and Profile Information: We may collect demographic and other profile information about you, such as your age and gender.
- Geolocation Information: We may collect and process information about your general location, such as the zip code you’re in, your city, state, and country.
- Inferences: We may use the information we collect to generate certain inferences, such as buying preferences.
We may use these technologies to identify your computer or device (which can help us or our service providers recognize you when you return), store information about your preferences (e.g., preferred language), log your interactions (e.g., the types of messages you prefer to receive), and present you with more relevant interest-based advertisements. We retain this information in a form that can identify your computer or device for up to 180 days. We do not respond to Do Not Track signals.
Information from Other Sources
We also collect information from third-party sources, including business contact databases, data aggregators, and publicly-available sources and records. We collect the following categories of personal information from these sources:
- Identifiers and Device Information: We may collect identifiers of yours, such as your e-mail address and telephone number.
- Demographic and Profile Information: We may collect information such as your age, gender, and annual income.
- Inferences: We may collect inferences about you, including your buying preferences.
How do we use the information we collect?
We and our service providers may use the information we collect to:
- deliver personalized messages that match your interests, including interest-based advertisements;
- understand the interests of our users;
- customize your experience when using our Offerings;
- generate and analyze statistics about the performance of our advertising campaigns, and to improve performance over time;
- provide and improve the Offerings, and to develop new Offerings;
- communicate with you, such as by providing newsletters or other advertisements, and to respond to your inquiries;
- fulfill the purposes described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
We may combine, de-identify, or aggregate any of the information we collect in relation to the Offerings for any of these purposes.
Certain jurisdictions, including the European Union, have laws that require us to have a “legal basis” to process your personal information. Where required by applicable law, we rely on one of the following legal bases to justify our processing of your personal information:
- to fulfil our contractual obligations to you, for example to provide access to Sites that you request and to ensure that invoices are delivered or paid correctly. Failure to provide personal information necessary to perform a contract may prevent or delay the fulfilment of our contractual obligations;
- to comply with our legal obligations, for example to respond to legally binding requests from regulators, law enforcement authorities, or other government authorities;
- to meet our legitimate interests, for example to understand how you use the Sites and to enable us to derive knowledge that enables us to develop new Offerings. When we process personal information to meet our legitimate interests, we put in place safeguards to protect your privacy and to determine that our legitimate interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms; and
- to exercise our legal rights where it is necessary to do so, for example to detect, prevent and respond to fraud claims, intellectual property infringement claims, or other violations of law.
With whom do we share information we collect?
We do not share your personal information with third parties without your consent except we may share the categories of information noted above:
- with our business partners with whom we provide co-branded materials or events that you elect to receive or participate in, such as webinars, white papers, events, or case studies, for their marketing purposes;
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, or to comply with government reporting obligations;
- to affiliates, service providers, advisors, and other third parties to the extent reasonably necessary to proceed with the negotiation or completion of a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, or sale of all or a portion of our assets.
California residents should consult the “California Disclosures” section below for more information about disclosures of personal information.
What choices do you have about information we collect?
You can unsubscribe from receiving emails we send on the basis of information we collect through the Offerings by following instructions included in the emails.
If you do not want to receive interest-based advertisements, you may opt out using the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out mechanism, which is available here. Please note that this tool is cookie-based and browser-specific, so you should opt out on each browser for which you would like your preferences to apply. If you delete your cookies, you may have deleted your opt-out status and may need to opt out again. You may also live in a country or state that grants you certain rights with respect to your personal information. These rights may include, for example, the rights to:
- learn about how we process personal information, including learning about the categories and specific pieces of personal information collected, the purposes for which the personal information is collected and shared, and the categories of parties that may receive personal information.
- request that we delete your personal information, subject to exceptions established under applicable laws.
- opt out of certain disclosures to third parties.
- withdraw consent that you have provided.
- not be denied goods or services for exercising your rights, though we may still provide a different level of service as permitted by law.
- lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to exercise the rights you may have under applicable law.
California residents should consult the “California Disclosures” section below for more information about their rights.
Links to other sites
Our Sites may contain links to or redirect you to third-party websites, such as when you click on an advertisement. We do not control the privacy practices of such third parties. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of each website you visit.
International Transfers of Personal Information
We may transfer, process, and store personal information outside of your home country, including in the United States and Canada, which may not have the same level of data protection as your home country. If you are resident in the European Economic Area ("EEA") this may include the transfer of your personal information from within the EEA to a country outside of the EEA. Where required, we have implemented appropriate safeguards for such transfers. For more information on the safeguards we use, please contact email@example.com.
We strive to maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to safeguard the information we collect. However, no information system can be 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information.
Modifications to this policy
We may update this Policy from time to time by posting an updated Policy on this page. We will notify you about material changes by updating the “Last Updated” date at the top of this Policy or by providing any other notice or mechanism as may be appropriate.
If you have any questions about this Policy or our use of your information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome your questions and feedback. Our EU representative is Phillip Markert, who can be reached at email@example.com.
California law requires that businesses such as LiveIntent describe certain transfers of information that involve the exchange of money or other valuable consideration. California defines such transfers as “sales,” even if money never trades hands. With respect to our Offerings, we may disclose the following categories of your information in a manner that California may consider to be “sales”:
- Identifiers and Device Information
- Demographic and Profile Information
- Network Activity Information
- Geolocation Information
California residents may exercise their rights to learn about our processing of personal information (including learning about the specific pieces of information we collect) or request deletion of personal information by visiting this webform or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling us at 855-655-0542. We will not deny you services for exercising your rights, though we may still provide a different level of service.
California residents also have the right to opt-out of the “sale” (as described above) of their information. You can exercise that right here: Do Not Sell My Personal Information. We may transfer your information even if you opt out of sales if such transfers do not constitute “sales” under California law.